快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: VDJ8 - Effects Volume

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

HI,

So this ties in to my backspin volume issue, the effects adds volume as well as i noticed recently, any reason why this is happening in VDJ 8

发表时间 Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 2:21 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
With increased pitch comes increased velocity, it's science,
v7 the backspin effect was buffer based [it sampled] and it had a limiter built in to the plugin, v8 the actual deck backspins,
there's a example in the users scripts how to, save the gain drop the gain call an effect, then restore the gain from the saved value.

I might make it a plugin, but probably not as I find backspins incredibly annoying.

发表时间 Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 3:39 am
I don't do backspin effect I do actual jog wheel spins wanna keep my old school stuff alive u know. It would be great of the volume didn't go up.

发表时间 Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 3:41 am
I dont know, even when I used real vinyl I always pulled the channel fader down a little because I knew the it would sound to loud.

This is not a new problem........

发表时间 Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 3:49 am
Yes vinyl had a bit of this but not to this extent. I guess I got spoiled by VDJ 7. CDJ S of course didn't have this issue as i guess it uses the buffer memory

发表时间 Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 3:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
charitha19 wrote :
I don't do backspin effect I do actual jog wheel spins wanna keep my old school stuff alive u know. It would be great of the volume didn't go up.

The volume increase was modelled comparing it to actual vinyl, and already toned down a bit since the release of v8 exactly to make scratches and backspins sound the same as with vinyl. So it's actually more old school than v7

As for effects, you will have to be more precise which effects exactly.

发表时间 Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 10:31 am
Echo and flanger to start with

发表时间 Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 11:39 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Echo doesn't change the volume for me, other than the volume of the echo'ed sound of course, but it would be weird if your dry sound would decrease in volume when you activate the echo. Perhaps you just need to decrease the strength parameter?

For flanger you could increase the highpass filter frequency a bit to make it affect low frequencies less. Otherwise it strongly depends on the source signal how much louder it will sound.

发表时间 Mon 31 Oct 16 @ 1:48 pm
so this script did work this is locodogs, however the gain doesnt reset when the controler is plugged in.. only when its keyboard it works perfectly.

effect_active 'flanger' ? effect_active 'flanger' & get_var "resetGain" & param_cast & gain : set "resetGain" '`gain' & effect_active 'flanger' & gain -15%

when i hit the flanger button on the controller the gain decreases and flanger turns on but when its off the gain doesnt reset back, it does reset if i unplug the controller and use mouse to click the effect on and off.

ideas?

发表时间 Sun 15 Apr 18 @ 4:57 am
any ideas? why the flanger script doesnt reset when connected to a button on a controller versus using it on screen?

发表时间 Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 4:03 pm
locodog wrote :
With increased pitch comes increased velocity, it's science,
v7 the backspin effect was buffer based [it sampled] and it had a limiter built in to the plugin, v8 the actual deck backspins,
there's a example in the users scripts how to, save the gain drop the gain call an effect, then restore the gain from the saved value.

I might make it a plugin, but probably not as I find backspins incredibly annoying.

so this script did work thanks locodog :), however the gain doesnt reset when the controller is plugged in.. only when its keyboard it works perfectly.

effect_active 'flanger' ? effect_active 'flanger' & get_var "resetGain" & param_cast & gain : set "resetGain" '`gain' & effect_active 'flanger' & gain -15%

when i hit the flanger button on the controller the gain decreases and flanger turns on but when its off the gain doesnt reset back, it does reset if i unplug the controller and use mouse to click the effect on and off.

ideas?

发表时间 Wed 18 Apr 18 @ 1:49 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)