快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Setup for Numark V7s + DJM-900NXS2 + VDJ8.2

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hi, hoping a someone can help with my setup. I was told that Deck 2 (RIght slave) doesn't have stereo output on the shoutcast stream. I've looked at all the settings and it appears to be fine when I pre-listen using headphones on the mixer and recordings. I assume this is a setup/config issue on my part in VDJ and or Pioneer drivers. Any help you could give, would be so appreciated. I've tried many different configs, just not sure which is correct. Here's what I have:

DJM900NXS2 mixer
- USB from DJM900NX2 to iMac
- RCA connections to both Left and Right V7 Decks
- V7 Deck 1 (Left Master) and
- LINK connected to V7 Deck 2 (Right Slave)
- USB connected to iMAC

My VDJ8.2 Pro setup looks like this:

My Pioneer input setup looks like this:

My Pioneer output setup looks like this:

Images of my setup are as follows:

发表时间 Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 7:27 pm
Update: I tried and tested this settings for VDJ8.2 and Pioneer, is this correct? Audaucity recording from DJM900nxs2, I could hear stereo output from both decks.

发表时间 Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 8:05 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Use the Audio Setup as shown in the first pic of your first post and for the "record" line you should use Chans 7,8 instead of 1,2
USB 7,8 is the Output pair that the mixer is using to output the recording mix audio signal, and that what you should send to VDJ to record.

Oh, i see that in the Pioneer Utiltities you have more than 1 REC Outs there :) You need only one. So set the first 4 stereo pairs as e.g. "Post Fader" or anything elese other than REC and have the 9,10 as REC Out and use those chans in VDJ Audio setup as "record"
So the Outputs of the Pioneer Utiltity should be..
USB 1,2 to USB 7.8 set to "Post Fader" or anything else other than REC.
USB 9,10 to REC Out
and in VDJ Audio setup ..
record ... DJM9000 .. .Chans 9,10

发表时间 Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 8:44 pm
djdad wrote :
Use the Audio Setup as shown in the first pic of your first post and for the "record" line you should use Chans 7,8 instead of 1,2
USB 7,8 is the Output pair that the mixer is using to output the recording mix audio signal, and that what you should send to VDJ to record.

Oh, i see that in the Pioneer Utiltities you have more than 1 REC Outs there :) You need only one. So set the first 4 stereo pairs as e.g. "Post Fader" or anything elese other than REC and have the 9,10 as REC Out and use those chans in VDJ Audio setup as "record"
USB 9,10 to REC Out

Okay will try these settings and do some testing and will let you know. So Inputs are correct in the pioneer screen as all set to USB/A? and Post Fade 1-4, Mic, and then record on 9,10 for outputs?

Thanks very much DJDad (I'm a DJ Mom haha)

发表时间 Sun 23 Oct 16 @ 11:22 pm
djdad wrote :

USB 9,10 to REC Out

So when I used Chan 9,10 assignment for recording, there is no sound coming from that setting. Setting all input to USB/A I get no sound in the mixer because the RCAs are Plugged in to LINE 2,3. In fact, here's what I have working at the moment.

发表时间 Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 3:17 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
1.) OUTPUTS USB 9,10 should be set to REC Out . Not USB 1,2
2) In VDJ Audio Setup, just have deck 1 and deck 2. Not a "master" line

Note : When you set a USB Output in the Pioneer Utiltity as REC Out, the mixer will send to this Output everything that the mixer is fed from its INPUTS. So, since you are not using the USB audio interface of the mixer in VDJ Audio setup, you need to select the LINE Inputs from the top panel of the mixer and not the USB. If you select the USB, the mixer expects audio signal from the software.

and one more thing.. dont get confused with how the Pioneer Utility names the Ins and Outs of the unit.
OUTPUTS for the mixer is Inputs for VirtualDJ and INPUTS for the mixer is Outputs for VirtualDJ.
So when you add a "record" line in VirtualDJ (as input), you need to point to the same Channels of the OUTPUTS of the mixer from Utiltity.

发表时间 Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 6:49 am
djdad wrote :
1.) OUTPUTS USB 9,10 should be set to REC Out . Not USB 1,2
2) In VDJ Audio Setup, just have deck 1 and deck 2. Not a "master" line

Note : When you set a USB Output in the Pioneer Utiltity as REC Out, the mixer will send to this Output everything that the mixer is fed from its INPUTS. So, since you are not using the USB audio interface of the mixer in VDJ Audio setup, you need to select the LINE Inputs from the top panel of the mixer and not the USB. If you select the USB, the mixer expects audio signal from the software.

and one more thing.. dont get confused with how the Pioneer Utility names the Ins and Outs of the unit.
OUTPUTS for the mixer is Inputs for VirtualDJ and INPUTS for the mixer is Outputs for VirtualDJ.
So when you add a "record" line in VirtualDJ (as input), you need to point to the same Channels of the OUTPUTS of the mixer from Utiltity.

Thanks DJDad for responding and the details! I'm using Nicecast to broadcast out from the DJM900NXS2 over Shoutcast, and I use Audacity to record my podcast episodes / sets. Since these features were not feasible in VDJ7PRO for my setup, I worked with other tools to get the job done. So I don't need VDJ8 to broadcast/record for me, per se -- VDJ is merely my waveform window that my decks don't have :). But with that said, I need to look at USB/B to see if that operates on 9,10 since I'm using USB/A it will only output to channel 1,2. I hear nothing from the mixer if I don't use REC OUT on 1,2.

发表时间 Mon 24 Oct 16 @ 5:27 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)