快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: 8.2 3409 Video Malfunction

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

newmskiHome userMember since 2005
Hi, I used the 3409 buld this evening at a function. Played a mixture of audio and video clips. However, around and hour and half into using it, playing a video, the external screen cut out, and the video window part overtook the laptop screen that Virtual is used upon. Well, when I say part, it was like a rectangular screen, showing the video I was playing. Click to close master video out, then click again to re-enable it, it worked for about another hour then did the same with the external screen so had to just use all audio tracks after that. Not sure if it's an issue with the build or graphics driver as updated that too today (Intel HD) running Windows 10 x64 8gig ram.
Been fine last week when used the previous build though... and the prev graphics driver.
Anyone experienced similar?

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 1:38 am
Faulty connection between your machine and the external monitor / screen??

How are you connecting the 2??

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 5:58 pm
I usually go with vga, cables been fine, everything has been fine before the 8.2 3409 update. It is odd, the video appears on the screen where the main Virtual DJ layout is, near the bottom right. The video preview window still shows the video there, but fuzzy. Click on the video preview window to turn off video out then click to enable it again, it'll come back on. Then after around an hour, it does the same thing. Gonna revert to previous version I think and the previous graphics driver incase that is to blame.

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 8:04 pm
Revert back one at a time, meaning either video card or build, not both at the same time. This way, you will know which it is. I would try the video card first.

发表时间 Sun 18 Sep 16 @ 9:34 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Revert back one at a time, meaning either video card or build, not both at the same time. This way, you will know which it is. I would try the video card first.

Will do, thanks!
I'll test it out this week as have a Wedding Reception to do Saturday!

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 7:30 pm
Also experiencing the same:
before i updated to version 8.2 everything worked well but now whenever i play video clips the entire virtual dj turns black and does not play video on the output :after restarting everything works fine until an hour or so

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 8:42 pm
newmski wrote :
It is odd, the video appears on the screen where the main Virtual DJ layout is, near the bottom right. The video preview window still shows the video there, but fuzzy. Click on the video preview window to turn off video out then click to enable it again, it'll come back on. Then after around an hour, it does the same thing. Gonna revert to previous version I think and the previous graphics driver incase that is to blame.

This behavior implies that your external screen disconnects and then reconnects on your OS.
Check the wires very carefully (not only the connections) and the power supply of the external monitor/TV/projector.

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 8:44 pm
1008549Home userMember since 2008
Tengo el mismo problema el video con mi macpro se me corta a la hora de hacer una transición y el skin se pone en negro o cambia a rosado en una parte, todo eso fue a apartir del 8.2 creo es eso, alguien me podria decir como regresar al 8.1
??????????????????????????????????????

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 9:17 pm
Having problems with HD 1080p MP4 videos freezing up, not the music, just the video.
Any videos UNDER 1080p, 720 etc. play just fine. I am able to do all functions, loop, scratch etc. the video just glitches and freezes. Problem occurred after last two updates. (b3408) (b3409)

Note: MP3's & Lesser quality videos work perfect!

Laptop Specs:
Win 10 / Asus Core i7 / 24 GB / 1 TB HD / 1 TB Solid State / 8GB Video memory dump / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
Controller:
Numark NS711 & NS7111
Software: VDJ 8.2 Pro (b3409)

No Blue tooth, wireless or WiFi running. Windows updates & anti virus off.

What I have done so far:
Played videos on windows Laptop (not in VDJ) video player, they played fine.
Played videos in VDJ 8 without a controller connected, same result in 1080p MP4's only.
Tried changing video (re-sample quality) to both high & medium, no change.
Video Letter Boxing: Tried all 3 settings, no change.
Tried MP4 1080p files & AVI 1080p files, same result.

VIDEO SETTINGS
Video FPS: 30
Video Max Memory: Automatic (3064)
Video Micro Frames: Smart
Video Use DXVA: No
Video Force Full Screen: 0
Video Delay: 0.000000
Video Window Always On Top: Yes
Video Create Link On Drop: Yes

This has only been an issue since the last two VDJ 8 updates.
I DJ in a nightclub with huge screens, so I am really hoping to not have to reduce the quality of my videos!

Please advice.

Thank you!

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 9:45 pm

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 9:52 pm
My Bad!

发表时间 Mon 19 Sep 16 @ 10:12 pm
chrislervisram wrote :
Also experiencing the same:
before i updated to version 8.2 everything worked well but now whenever i play video clips the entire virtual dj turns black and does not play video on the output :after restarting everything works fine until an hour or so

That sounds pretty similar to what happened to me, the Virtual DJ screen flashed up black then froze but carried on playing audio fine from the video and then playing audio files fine too. Re-activate the video out and the videos worked fine for about an hour again, then it did the same. As mentioned with mine, the video window shrunk to a rectangle then, on the main Virtual DJ screen (on laptop screen) screen 1, and no sign of screen 2 being listed.

Weird though that screen 2, when I closed Virtual DJ later on after finishing the event, showed up fine with my desktop wallpaper background up and under the Intel HD sw on taskbar, showed there fine under output to... So must be issue with Virtual and graphics driver not working together?

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 1:02 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
newmski wrote :
It is odd, the video appears on the screen where the main Virtual DJ layout is, near the bottom right. The video preview window still shows the video there, but fuzzy. Click on the video preview window to turn off video out then click to enable it again, it'll come back on. Then after around an hour, it does the same thing. Gonna revert to previous version I think and the previous graphics driver incase that is to blame.

This behavior implies that your external screen disconnects and then reconnects on your OS.
Check the wires very carefully (not only the connections) and the power supply of the external monitor/TV/projector.

Cables fine, I carry spares too, HDMI, 2nd vga cable, TV is working fine too. Connections are fine, no bent pins in vga connectors.

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 1:03 pm
DJ Crash707 wrote :
Having problems with HD 1080p MP4 videos freezing up, not the music, just the video.
Any videos UNDER 1080p, 720 etc. play just fine. I am able to do all functions, loop, scratch etc. the video just glitches and freezes. Problem occurred after last two updates. (b3408) (b3409)

Note: MP3's & Lesser quality videos work perfect!

Laptop Specs:
Win 10 / Asus Core i7 / 24 GB / 1 TB HD / 1 TB Solid State / 8GB Video memory dump / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980M
Controller:
Numark NS711 & NS7111

What I have done so far:
Played videos on windows Laptop (not in VDJ) video player, they played fine.
Played videos in VDJ 8 without a controller connected, same result in 1080p MP4's only.
Tried changing video (re-sample quality) to both high & medium, no change.
Video Letter Boxing: Tried all 3 settings, no change.
Tried MP4 1080p files & AVI 1080p files, same result.

VIDEO SETTINGS

This has only been an issue since the last two VDJ 8 updates.
I DJ in a nightclub with huge screens, so I am really hoping to not have to reduce the quality of my videos!

Please advice.

Thank you!

I noticed also with the videos some were glitching when I tested it out during Saturday morning, audio from the videos was fine, audio files fine.

Just v odd

Settings you advised of are pretty similar to mine:
Laptop Specs:
Win 10 x64 / Toshiba Intel Pentium Quad / 1 TB Internal HD / 2 TB Seagate External / 8GB Ram / Intel HD Graphics
Controller:
Numark Mixtrack Pro 2

VIDEO SETTINGS

Gonna revert back to earlier graphics driver and also uninstall Virtual DJ completely and install afresh the previous release prior to 3409

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 1:09 pm
The only way for the video window to appear on main screen without dragging it, is for the monitor to disconnect.

Do a test:
1) Open a File Explorer Window and drag it on second monitor
2) Start VirtualDj, drag video on second monitor as well and maximize.
3) Try to reproduce the bug.
4) What happens to the explorer Window when the bug occurs ? If the explorer window appears on main screen (same way VirtualDj moves to main screen) then your external monitor got disconnected (even temporarily) from the OS.

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 1:14 pm
And just because pins aren't bent doesn't mean the connection is fine, could be internal which you can't see, could be a broken wire under the insulation, many factors which you can't see and more then just bent pins.

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 6:06 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Could be a temporary power drop, so the Video Output (VGA or HDMI) was not properly powered for a second, which could cause Video Driver to stop for a while.

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 7:06 pm
djdad wrote :
Could be a temporary power drop, so the Video Output (VGA or HDMI) was not properly powered for a second, which could cause Video Driver to stop for a while.

Well, I've tested using the previous build for around 5 hours today, 3398, and that's fine.
I did a full uninstall and cleared the databases etc and started from scratch.
That's using the new graphics driver that was installed Saturday also so I'm going to stick with this version for the moment.

发表时间 Tue 20 Sep 16 @ 10:06 pm
Well, an update on the issue... I installed the new build 3418 today, ran it at home for a few hours, then used it at an event this evening.
Was fine, no issues at all, videos ran fine, mixture of vob, mp4 & avi (music videos) and audio files.
Was a bit wary of updating to the new build but it seems to have helped resolve the issue.
Oh, that's still using the new Intel HD graphics driver.

发表时间 Sat 24 Sep 16 @ 10:43 pm
rweinerPRO InfinityMember since 2009
newmski wrote :
Hi, I used the 3409 buld this evening at a function. Played a mixture of audio and video clips. However, around and hour and half into using it, playing a video, the external screen cut out, and the video window part overtook the laptop screen that Virtual is used upon. Well, when I say part, it was like a rectangular screen, showing the video I was playing. Click to close master video out, then click again to re-enable it, it worked for about another hour then did the same with the external screen so had to just use all audio tracks after that. Not sure if it's an issue with the build or graphics driver as updated that too today (Intel HD) running Windows 10 x64 8gig ram.
Been fine last week when used the previous build though... and the prev graphics driver.
Anyone experienced similar?

发表时间 Sun 06 Nov 16 @ 11:10 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)