快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Video aspect ratio, changes aspect ratio of a Video effect

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
If I load a 4x3 music video and use Telly Media to play a 16x9 clip over top of the video, VDJ resizes the Video effect to fit a 4x3 window.

No music video loaded. This should and does fill the full 16x9 main output window.

Here I loaded "Love Shack" which is a 4x3 video. You can see my 1920 x 1080 Video and 1920 x 1080 boarder resized to fit inside the 4x3 aspect ratio and black boarders on the side. The main output Aspect ratio of VDJ should not be limited or changed by the size of the video loaded in the deck.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 12:10 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The main aspect ratio is not limited. You can change the aspect ratio using the letterBox option.
As for effects, they will be applied to the source.
If the effect is selected on the deck it will apply to the deck in the decks aspect ratio.
If you select the effect on the master output it will be applied to the master output, so in the aspect ratio of the video window.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 12:43 am

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 12:48 am
I did not notice that this effect was applied to a deck. I had the script " effect_active "TellyMedia" ". I was not intentionally going for deck loading. Everything I do with effects work best on the Master output.

" deck master effect_active "TellyMedia" " fixes everything for my purposes. Thanks again Adion!

Going to have read through that other thread. Thank for the link Don.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 1:11 am
The master behaves as you would expect it to. The way decks distort a video effect though makes it so video effects on a deck are not so good. You don't want them to be jumping from one size to another (in some cases that is ok) and clearly you don't want them distorted to boot. Sort of a roll of the dice one what you will see but higher res videos do not effect it as bad but still not good.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 1:21 am
I read the whole thing. I get that the boom effect, you would want applied only to the video area. My argument for that is would anyone really notice the black bars being changed in any way if an effect was applied to the whole frame of the deck and not confined to just the 4x3 video? I don't think they would.

TM or TV (besides KJ's use) seems to work best when applied over everyting and going edge to edge. A flag would be nice to force this behavior, but sounds like it does not exsist.

I guess we are where we are for now. Options are great so we all get what we want. But this whole effects getting loaded to deck behavior differing from the master caused like 4 seperate issues all caused because I applied this to a deck. Makes sense now, but inconsistent for sure.

Just happy the solution was only one thing causing many other things. I can't imagine most users that are not computer guys understanding what was going on. I was even looking for a setting for this.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 2:58 am
Personally I think the a script "effect_active" should default to the master and only go to an Active or Specfic deck when specified.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 3:03 am
A flag for it was suggested and Adion said he would either do it or think about it. Can't quite remember but a flag to control behavior was talked about before.

One problem with a flag though it is probably not as simple as adding a flag. The textures that you draw to on a deck match the size of the video. That does not have to be but that is the way it is.

发表时间 Mon 12 Sep 16 @ 5:34 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)