快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Pitch Fader accuracy VDJ8?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey everyone im using the gemini g2v and like to mix by ear however the pitch fader is inaccurate and doesn't give me whole numbers everytime i move the fader example 125bpm then 126 then 127 instead i will start a 125 then get 125.42 then 126.25 so my question is how do i have the tempo jump in whole numbers each time i move the pitch fader. please explain step by step as i get a little confused when using virtual djs mapping process haha.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 3:36 pm
It's not supposed to give you whole numbers! If it did, it would be more inaccurate.

It's the fine points in between the whole numbers that give it accuracy. You need a smooth transition from one BPM to another. Jumping from one whole number to another would create tempo jumps.

If you mix by ear, then you simply move the pitch fader until the beats are in sync. You shouldn't need to look at any BPM readout.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 3:42 pm
How would i map my pitch fader to do something like this.

128.06 and so on

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 3:45 pm
It doesn't need to be changed. If your controller is natively supported in VDJ then it's already correctly mapped to control pitch.

Forget about the exact numbers on the screen. Listen to the music, move the slider and line up the beats. Relying too much on the displayed BPM readout will do you no favours in the long run. Learn to match BPM without it.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 3:52 pm
the music i mix is progressive house its very formulaic and everything hits on the 1 there is no decimal point bpms in my library . If you have two songs one at 125bpm and one and 128bpm if you bring up the bpm on the 125 track to exactly 128 and hit play simultaneously on each track the tunes will be beat matched ive used other controllers like some of the pioneer ones which have a much more accurate fader and do what im saying.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 3:58 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you think about the travel of the pitch slider, that distance will have a hardware defined amount of intervals. Your pitch range has to be divided up by those intervals to get the full range. Those intervals divided by that range will then be applied to the bpm of the track. So you're never going to get the intervals you want because the same percentage will give a different result of each track. Some pitch sliders may only have 128 possible values!

What would a pitch of +6% give you on a track of 123bpm, and a track of 128bpm? 130.38 and 135.68. So that's your pitch fader exactly halfway, and neither have given you the round bpm you were hoping for. If another software is giving you different results then they are either rounding the bpm or applying small adjustments to lock to round figures. Both of which are less accurate.

To do what you want you could map a couple of buttons to something like set_bpm +0.01 and set_bpm -0.01. Or you could just use sync, match_bpm or preferably your ears :)

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 4:00 pm
What % do you have the pitch set to in VDJ?

The lower the % the higher the accuracy because you're changing a smaller % over the same distance (fader length). Judging by pics of the Gemini it looks like it's got a long pitch fader, which is a good thing. You've got more room to make small adjustments.

If you choose to believe that all your tracks have an exact whole number BPM then fair enough. That's up to you. :-)

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 4:06 pm
i have my pitch set to 6% the lowest percentage
instead of mapping a couple of buttons to something like set_bpm +0.01 and set_bpm -0.01. is there a way of having the pitch fader moving up and down in this manor or is this not possible?

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 4:52 pm
Please read and absorb what's been said in the previous messages.

The pitch fader is linear. It adjusts smoothly and gradually between BPMs. This is why all DJ equipment uses pitch faders.

If you want your BPMs to jump suddenly from one round number to another, you will have to use +/- 1 buttons.

Alternatlively simply use the sync button. This will immediately set the BPM of one deck to exactly the BPM of the other.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 5:21 pm
some pitch faders are just low resolution by design nothing u can do

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 5:34 pm
Seratos Pitch n time was what i wanted but it looks as if vdjs doent support anything like this

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 6:02 pm
You mean the ability to change the key up and down by playing the pads? Yes, VDJ can do that.

I fail to see what that's got to do with the pitch fader or jumping BPM up/down though.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 6:12 pm
It could be your controller. I had a gimini something or other at one time and it did that. Got my pioneer ddj sx2 and it flows smooth all the way down to .00 level on the tempo and pitch

发表时间 Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 8:18 am
thanks andrew thought it may have been the accuracy of the hardware

发表时间 Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 1:49 pm
No pitch fader is just going to give you whole numbers when you move it.

发表时间 Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 2:11 pm
You are welcome. I know it's frustration but it has a lot to do with the controller. At that point with my old Gemini I would get it close and hit sync lol

发表时间 Sun 11 Sep 16 @ 8:49 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)