快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Database.xml does not get saved after scanning for BPMs etc

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

kbotnenPRO InfinityMember since 2005
database.xml does not get saved after scanning for BPMs etc.

- When it is finished scanning it does not save.
- When I close VirtualDJ 8.2 it does not save.

This means Im not able to scan my song collection :/

Is there any way to force write to the database.xml file? Either through the GUI or through some commandline magic?

PS. It writes license.dat and settings.xml when I quit the application. There is also a lot of freespace on my drive. The VirtualDJ folder (with the files) are stored on the root partiotion /, i.e not on an external drive / card.

On a MacBook Air, El Capitan / 10.11.6

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 11:30 am
possible something is wrong with your permission for the database file?

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 11:35 am
It has the same permissions as license.dat and settings.xml so that should not be the problem.

Just for testing I tried chmod 777 (enable read, write, execute for all) on the file, but it still does not work.

Is VirtualDJ suppose to save after scanning, or is it on exit only?

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 12:02 pm
Using the brilliant fseventer tool (combined with opensnoop) I found that it has actually created the database.xml file in a different location (on my network drive where all the songs are located).

This database.xml file has been updated as expected.

Seems that just a week ago VirtualDJ found out that it should do this switch :/

I dont know why VDJ did that, but sure caused me a lot of hazzle.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 12:20 pm
Virtual DJ 8 has always stored databases on the drives where the files are stored.
Nothing has changed in this regard.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 2:07 pm
"/, i.e not on an external drive "

I say anything that anything that is stored anywhere else besides the local drive is an external drive.
The database will be stored in the root of EACH external drive.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 3:04 pm
On my root partition (In /Users/Username/Documents/VirtualDJ/) it has a database.xml, which contains a lot of songs. Some of the songs are stored on the root partition, some on the network (external) drive. Last update on this file was 4.september 2016. This file was created 26.oktober 2015.

On my network (external) drive there is also a database.xml (located in //path/to/networkshare/VirtualDJ/), which contains a lot of (even a few more than the database.xml on the root partition). Last update on this file was today. This file was created 22.august 2016.

So the confusing part for me is that there are two database.xml files, and it seems a bit random which of them are written too.

All my songs and drives and pathnames have been the same the last two - three years.

So I still a bit confused. If I delete the database.xml file that is on the root partition, a new (empty) one is created.

The content of the two database.xml files are confusing too.

The one on the rootpartition has paths like: E:/musikk/Musikk 2015/Manna/Track1.mp3

when the one on the network drive has paths like: /Volumes/felles/musikk/Musikk 2015/Manna/Track1.mp3

So by design there is one database.xml for each drive / partition that songs exist on? Who resides on the same drive that the songs exists on?

PS

[quote=The Magic.DJ]"/, I say anything that anything that is stored anywhere else besides the local drive is an external drive. "

I agree.

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 4:12 pm
network drives may work differently if you do not have write permission, or maybe even if u do.

drives physically plugged into your computer via USB Sata or parallel ATA all have their own DB from the start

发表时间 Sat 10 Sep 16 @ 5:37 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)