快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

话题: Changing browsed_file_color updates the file tag. Why?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I changed the browser colour on my video files and when I went to sync my drives all 10gb of video files needed updated.

Surely that command is making a change to the VDJ database only so not sure why all the MP4 files would be changed.

Keith

发表时间 Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 4:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
you have the setting setTagsAuto to yes ?

If so, then each time you change something that is part of the id3Tag, VDJ will update tags too.

Color is part of the id3Tag and when the Tag changes, the filesize will change as well, so yes, whatever application you are using to mirror your tracks, since its changed, it will copy those too.

If you dont care about updating tags, and only keep the changed info inside the VDJ Database, then you need to set the setting above to No, which btw, its like that by default.

发表时间 Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 11:01 pm
djekipPRO InfinityMember since 2010
It writes the data to id tag also..

-Eki-

发表时间 Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 11:02 pm
Thanks for the reply. I didn't realise changing the colour in the browser would change the id3 tag as well, I thought that change was only kept in the VDJ database.

发表时间 Sun 10 Jul 16 @ 11:38 pm
djdad wrote :
Color is part of the id3Tag and when the Tag changes, the filesize will change as well

How can the colour iin the VDJ browser be related to the tag? I don't understand.

Anyway, this appears to have been fixed now. When only changing the file browsed colour in the database it no longer updates the file tag, even with setTagsAuto at yes.

This is better for me as I can play about with the browser colours without having to re-sync all the files afterwards.

发表时间 Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 11:18 pm
cant find a color tag anywhere in any of my files?

must not be in the id3tag if it is actually going into the file.

i suspect it is only going into the database.

发表时间 Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 11:48 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)