快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: License says not valid all of a sudden and shuts off my controller mid-gig! - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I am super upset about what happened to me Friday during the middle of my gig. Backstory: I have subscribed to VDJ for almost a year paying each month with no issues. My payment went through and I had the receipt like I always did for this month. I start my gig and a few songs in I get the pop up saying my license was no longer valid and I needed to log in to VDJ and pay, but when I did, it didn't let me pay because I already had a valid subscription open until December 16th! My controller stopped and I DJed from my backup iPad for the next hour and a half! I restarted everything a million times, logged in, unplugged and re plugged and s the same error. My blood was boiling as no one at VDJ was answering the chat AND their phone number is disconnected. There was no wifi at the venue and I had to use my data to capacity and make my phone a hot spot, log onto VDJ and spend $300 I wasn't prepared to spend paying for the entire program permanently. All while trying to DJ without my controller. No one has gotten back to me and I'm livid that this happened. Has this happened to anyone else? Now I'm uneasy that I just paid $300 for something I'm not going to enjoy using or something that is going to have this serious of a glitch, especially without any tech-support or a working phone number!

发表时间 Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 5:37 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you were at a gig then you were probably outside of chat supports opening hours, unless it was a daytime gig. You can always raise a support ticket to contact support too, which you haven't yet done. You would have definitely had a response by now if you had contacted them.

As for your issue, I've no idea as to what could have happened. Your subscription is valid and active, so I see no reason why it wouldnt be working as long as you were logged in inside the software with the correct account. It will be extremely difficult to troubleshoot now without screenshots because there will be no way to verify the status of your system at that time.

It honestly sounds to me like your machine wasn't logged in before you got to your gig or hadnt been online recently enough to verify your license.

发表时间 Tue 01 Dec 15 @ 9:39 am
I'd just used it the day before and always log in and run the software the day of. The site wouldn't even let me choose to subscribe again because it told me right then that I had a valid running subscription. I feel like I am overly prepared with triple checking everything before every gig so I don't get why this happened. It was a daytime gig, and as much as I tried to fill out a ticket, I had to focus on the gig and the site was running slow and I gave up on the chat which I waited during operating hours for an hour and half as it kept switching my place in the queue the whole time. Does anyone know why we can't reach anyone via phone?

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 4:35 am
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016
That what happened to me yesterday ! And I have infinity user...

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 10:49 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
clorgelooneyl wrote :
Does anyone know why we can't reach anyone via phone?

Yes because we have switched to chat as our live support tool. As SBDJ said we also offer ticket support, tickets are answered quite quickly.

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 2:35 pm
The only way that this could happen is if you accidentally logged out of your account from the software or you never allowed the software to refresh your Pro subscriber License for this month and the grace period elapsed. Keep in mind that with Pro subscriber you must allow the software to connect every 30 or 31 days to verify that your subscription payment has gone through. All of this information is shown in CONFIG->LICENSE tab in the CURRENT LICENSE box. I would make a monthly note on your calendar to remind yourself to log in and out in the software in order to refresh the Pro Sub License.

My gig machine never goes online (except for major updates) and I have never once had an issue with having to reauthorize right before a gig. I am unsure what happened to you but the software would not just decide to log you out. Additionally it would seem odd that you could purchase pro infinity but not log in to your account from the software to reauthorize?

Also in this case, a phone call would not have solved anything. You would have needed to find an internet connection in order to re authorize the software. I do apologize that this happened to you and I understand your frustration but it is certainly not VDJ at fault here.

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 2:41 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
DJBrandonJames wrote :
The only way that this could happen is if you accidentally logged out of your account from the software or you never allowed the software to refresh your Pro subscriber License for this month and the grace period elapsed. Keep in mind that with Pro subscriber you must allow the software to connect every 30 or 31 days to verify that your subscription payment has gone through. All of this information is shown in CONFIG->LICENSE tab in the CURRENT LICENSE box. I would make a monthly note on your calendar to remind yourself to log in and out in the software in order to refresh the Pro Sub License.

My gig machine never goes online (except for major updates) and I have never once had an issue with having to reauthorize right before a gig. I am unsure what happened to you but the software would not just decide to log you out. Additionally it would seem odd that you could purchase pro infinity but not log in to your account from the software to reauthorize?

Also in this case, a phone call would not have solved anything. You would have needed to find an internet connection in order to re authorize the software. I do apologize that this happened to you and I understand your frustration but it is certainly not VDJ at fault here.

Not to beat a dead horse-- but it was my paranoid fear of this exact possibility striking me at the most crucial time that compelled me to scrape up the money and buy a Pro Infinity license from the start. I was worried that I would run into issues if I was planning to do a monthly subscription.

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 7:07 pm
I don't know what happened to you, and can understand your fear. This has been a fear of all DJs since Nipper looked into the horn of the Gramophone. We push that fear to the back of our minds, because we have come to believe in our equipment. Your issue seems to be an isolated one, or the forum would be flooded from other subscription users. It is unfortunate that you had to buy the Pro version before you wanted to, however it will turn out that you have saved some money in the long run. I never have to log in UNLESS I open on a third machine, so all should be well for you. Good luck, and stop beating that horse.

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 7:55 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Can you clarify, if i have a VirtualDJ 8 PRO Infinity license, do i need to access the net with mine after i initially log in every month?
As i don't with my main pc, any updates i download from another pc so my main laptop goes no where near the net?

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:18 pm
TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
It will remain active on that computer until that computer sees that you have used the license elsewhere - if the computer never goes online again then the license will never deactivate.
as long as you don't specifically click on the "Log out" button.
Will try not too
Good

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:24 pm
OldTomPRO InfinityMember since 2014
A Man and His Music wrote :
I don't know what happened to you, and can understand your fear. This has been a fear of all DJs since Nipper looked into the horn of the Gramophone. We push that fear to the back of our minds, because we have come to believe in our equipment. Your issue seems to be an isolated one, or the forum would be flooded from other subscription users. It is unfortunate that you had to buy the Pro version before you wanted to, however it will turn out that you have saved some money in the long run. I never have to log in UNLESS I open on a third machine, so all should be well for you. Good luck, and stop beating that horse.

Hope you understand I'm not the Original Poster. :)
I was telling him (and all) -- that in my case, I avoided the problem he had by going Pro Infinity from the start,

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:26 pm
Belt and braces though. It's always a good idea to keep a copy of the license file somewhere else (USB flash drive etc) so you can get VDJ up and running if the brown stuff does end up hitting the rotating cooling device.

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:28 pm
DJAVIPPRO (OEM)Member since 2016

发表时间 Thu 03 Dec 15 @ 8:40 pm
Last night my equipment stopped working at a wedding I was Dj'ing. I have a current pro subscription. I have a licence I purchased for my Numark IDJ3 interface.

It is continually prompting me to buy a subscription and or a licence. I haven't signed out. All my software is up to date as it updates each time I use it.

I've plugged all my equipment in today and it still doesn't recognise the fact I've got all the required licenses/subscriptions.

I'm Dj'ing tonight and I have no access to my interface. What can you do to remedy the situation?

发表时间 Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 12:39 pm
user16257989 wrote :
Last night my equipment stopped working at a wedding I was Dj'ing. I have a current pro subscription. I have a licence I purchased for my Numark IDJ3 interface.

It is continually prompting me to buy a subscription and or a licence. I haven't signed out. All my software is up to date as it updates each time I use it.

I've plugged all my equipment in today and it still doesn't recognise the fact I've got all the required licenses/subscriptions.

I'm Dj'ing tonight and I have no access to my interface. What can you do to remedy the situation?

Looking at your profile image it's says home user
So it looks like you don't have any of these licenses registrered on the user credentials you use to login to this forum
If you use the same credentials to login to VDJ on your laptop, that will normally give you the same result - so VDJ won't know you have licensenses

In other words: If you have one or more licenses, you should the credentials you used to buy these licenses to login to your software.
If not the software will act as a free home edition, which will only work with a controller for a 10 min test period, and which it looks like you are currently experiencing

发表时间 Sat 23 Sep 17 @ 1:18 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
As another user with this issue, I can say this really stinks. Please hear me out as I have some constructive feedback that can make VDJ more robust for PRO users.

I have a few full file backups of my PC and two of them were on me the this night. I unfortunately do not know when the license disappeared (somewhere between last wedding 2 weeks ago and this past Friday), I guess I backed up the folder with the missing file. I use Goodsync which has it's own archive trash folder that only empties files that were removed 30 days or more ago. But the license.dat was not in there for some reason. So I have identified a hole in that backup process that I need to address. My last wedding was 2 weeks ago so there is zero reason for a missing file of any kind. I say that so I don't get slammed for not backing up. Now, on to my point.

The real problem that I would like to discuss here is, VDJ does not tell you that you are missing this license! It fired up like it always does. I started playing music through my controller for sound check and we were level balancing the Boat audio system that I was plugged into (big boat with professional speakers). All of a sudden the track was cut and VDJ asked my to "identify myself".

Because VDJ is free for home users and my controller is not normally plugged in for show prep when I am home, VDJ just let me rock on for free. Because of that I have no idea when my license was removed. I could have caught this days ago on my home wifi during the week leading up to the event! I started VDJ several times this past week with no warning that my license was removed.

Now I did see these posts popping up about a week ago. I can also admit some fault as I should have visually confirmed the license file was in the My Docs and backed up. But DUDE, please rethink this log in process. Maybe you need to make your home users get a Home license (because they are at home, this should not be an issue). That way we all need licenses. Then VDJ could immediately see no license so you can WARN YOUR USERS on VDJ START UP that a license is missing and that we are in demo mode.

Instead, VDJ just thinks I am now a home user too and it just said nothing to me during the days leading up to this wedding. I kept doing my show prep and it happily and SILENTLY letting me do my tasks. My only problem is when I hook to my controller when setting up at my show! Sorry home users, no offense here. But I paid, I could care less if there are some bumps in the road for users who didn't. If the only time VDJ would reject me for a missing/corrupt license is when I am getting set up, then I think we have a serious work flow problem. That means VDJ could have pointed this out days ago during prep on reliable home wifi. But instead, because I did not have a controller plugged in during show prep, VDJ said nothing at all. Just Rock on Home User!

I flat out can't imagine what I would do if the first full song I played was the introduction song and VDJ cut out on me. Or if I have 10 min I could have actually made it to the couple's first dance!

Now I know this is why I backup and I found a flaw in my existing plan, which has been addressed. But for the love of God here, I can see flaws with your license process too. I have used VDJ 8 Pro for years with no issue. I get that things like servers just fail some times. But I no longer feel confident in your licensing workflow process. As a DJ who writes contracts and SLAs that is not good at all.

Even if I do restore my license, I can't go online to get a song because VDJ might shut down mid show on me again??!! Breaking my SLA...

发表时间 Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 12:03 pm
Last thing first:
You can go online you have the license file.
If it gets to the servers that will work fine, if it can't get to the servers, that will work fine too
And if it gets to the servers, and you have used the software on 2 other laptops since last login, it would ask you to login, and you'd be fine
So I don't think there is an issue there

But I do see your issue

The simplest fix would probably be to not let home users without licenses choose "never show this message again" when asking for a login
So if you are a registered home user, you would be logged in with a valid (but limited) license file on your laptop, and you wouldn't get the pop-up
But if you are a home user without a registration (just downloaded and opened the software) you'd get the popup every time until you do something about it
That would also mean that if you are a licensed user with a missing or broken license file, VDJ would think you were an unlicensed user, and start showing the pop-up every time you open the software

I could live with that

发表时间 Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 12:41 pm
klausmogensen wrote :

The simplest fix would probably be to not let home users without licenses choose "never show this message again" when asking for a login
So if you are a registered home user, you would be logged in with a valid (but limited) license file on your laptop, and you wouldn't get the pop-up
But if you are a home user without a registration (just downloaded and opened the software) you'd get the popup every time until you do something about it
That would also mean that if you are a licensed user with a missing or broken license file, VDJ would think you were an unlicensed user, and start showing the pop-up every time you open the software

I could live with that

there is a check box on the login to accomplish the never show again ... but for people who have a liscense its a bad idea to use it then when you are not loged in you get no notification that you need a login to refresh license............ see image "dont ask again:"

发表时间 Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 1:40 pm
DHoudePRO InfinityMember since 2009
klausmogensen wrote :

You can go online you have the license file.

....if it can't get to the servers, that will work fine too

Getting online is really the issue. I was running late (for being 2 hours early) actually because there was no exact address (its a boat). When I got near and did not see it (about 3 mi away), we called for some help. They told us a near by place, but our phones would not lock in for GPS. So internet is really still the issue. I was just straight lucky that my Hotspot worked while we were docked.

Other than that, I quoted because I guess I really have no idea how to go online and get a "license file" generated without logging into VDJ 8. Now that I have a copy of the license in a separate place, rather than just relying on the backed up My Docs folder this is probably a moot point.

I guess I am just unaware of a process that lets you activate my license without going on line. I do have my old VDJ7 code, but.. Also, I do understand the whole two PCs limit. I am not exceeding that, so that should be irrelevant. I also get that I am fairly uneducated on the license subject because the license process has work so well this far. I just am saying that I feel like there was no warning when there could have been one. I do see what you are saying about the "don't show this on startup", but I feel that a missing license should definitely supersede "Don't show this on startup" setting. Set aside all the events that led to this and that a previously activated Pro laptop should never under any circumstances lose it's license.

I guess the takeaway is, I don't want to see the login every time I fire up VDJ. I DO want to be notified every time if I have no license, immediately on start up. Sorry home guys, I have respect for those who are learning the craft but no license, is no license. There needs to be a nag screen every time. I have zero care that it makes home users click a nag box every time when it could mean preventing legal action against me and loss of money for my business. I get the thinking, but I hope we have all learned allot about the weaknesses here that could have prevented this.

Maybe an emergency option could be allowing you 2 VDJ starts using your old VDJ 7 code before you are forced to log in online and activate again. That way I could have activated Pro for my show, had one restart just in case and then logged in when I got home. I could see that as being an awesome recovery option!

发表时间 Sun 24 Sep 17 @ 1:47 pm
80%