快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: Duplicate entries on my display, but not on my hard drive - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hello,
As you can see by the attached screenshot, I have several entries that show up as duplicates in the VDJ browser, but are not actually duplicates on the hard drive. I have used Gemini to find and remove dupes, I have done a Search on the drive, I have edited the Tags on the files - both entries displayed in the VDJ browser refer to the same file location.

How do I remove the duplicate entries? I've tried Database > Remove Missing Files. I've tried to remove the M3u display option in Settings. Tried rebooting computer. Still have the dupes, which just started showing a couple hours ago.

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 6:32 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
NVM

发表时间 Tue 16 Dec 14 @ 7:17 pm

发表时间 Wed 17 Dec 14 @ 4:14 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Can you open the tag editor for both and see what the path and filename are exactly?

发表时间 Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 2:38 am
They point to the same exact file.

Adion wrote :
Can you open the tag editor for both and see what the path and filename are exactly?

发表时间 Thu 18 Dec 14 @ 2:57 pm
Can anyone help with this, please? It's quite frustrating.

I look in Virtual DJ Pro 8 and the list in my browser shows duplicate entries for most (but not all) of the files there.

They are not duplicated on the hard drive; there is only one physical copy, yet two entries of that song appear in VDJ Pro. If I make tag modifications to one of the entries, the changes appear on both entries, not just one. If I change the filename, both entry's filenames are updated. If I move the file on the hard drive from one folder to another, then recurse the folder, it will still show up as two entries. Both entries point to the same file.

How do I stop VDJ from having duplicate file entries?

发表时间 Tue 30 Dec 14 @ 3:39 pm
Try using the browser option "computer" to navigate to your music root folder. Remove from search DB then add again. See if that solves it.

Keith

发表时间 Tue 30 Dec 14 @ 3:47 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
Try using the browser option "computer" to navigate to your music root folder. Remove from search DB then add again. See if that solves it.

Keith

Do you mean in the folder section to the left?

What I had done was go to Volumes > Macintosh HD > Users > myname > Google Drive > Music, and add it to Favorites. I then right-click the Favorite called Music, hit Recurse, and see my list of music.

What should I be removing, the favorite that I made? Or the Volumes > section? And how do I re-add Volumes if that's what you mean?

发表时间 Tue 30 Dec 14 @ 8:54 pm
Theses are karaoke files, have they become unzipped, and formed an audio and a video file separately? Is each file the same as in mp4 or vob, or is one an mp3? How do they show up in windows?

发表时间 Wed 31 Dec 14 @ 2:37 am
A Man and His Music wrote :
Theses are karaoke files, have they become unzipped, and formed an audio and a video file separately? Is each file the same as in mp4 or vob, or is one an mp3? How do they show up in windows?

About half of my files are split (CDG + MP3 not zipped) and the other half are zipped.

I just went to the VDJ browser and typed MP3 in the search - I couldn't find any MP3 + ZIP files that were duplicated. When I typed ZIP in the search, I noticed that a lot of the ZIP files are duplicated, but not all of them. I have several MP4 files and none are duplicated.

As far as how they appear in Windows, I use Macs. Here's screenshots. One shows the Tag Editor of the Usher song Caught Up. Another shows the VDJ Pro 8 browser window showing several duplicated files. The other shows the Mac Finder window - the file is obviously not duplicated, just the listing in VDJ Pro 8.

发表时间 Wed 31 Dec 14 @ 3:57 pm
Anyone have any advice on how to deal with this issue?

It's happening to new music I add. I just added a punk rock pack, used the browser in VDJ8 to browse to the appropriate folder, and everything is duplicated. Two copies of everything, even though there's only one file per song, it lists two per song in the VDJ browser.

How do I fix this?

发表时间 Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 4:53 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Could you send me your database.xml ?

发表时间 Thu 01 Jan 15 @ 11:59 pm
Adion wrote :
Could you send me your database.xml ?

How do I send it to you? I don't see a way to attach a file to a private message to you. Also the database.xml is 39.2mb in size, what's the best way?

发表时间 Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 6:32 pm
Wow, that's a biggie. Mine is 4mb

发表时间 Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 6:35 pm
I've got an exact duplicate of the song files on two different computers. One of them shows a 13.4MB database.xlm and 52,725 files in the VDJ browser. The other one (the one with duplicate entries) has the 39.2mb database.xml and shows 96,045 files in the VDJ browser.

发表时间 Fri 02 Jan 15 @ 8:33 pm
Was this problem in your main folders or Virtual folders. I am having the same issue in my virtual folders. I installed a new second hard drive. I copied all music in with same file path and all my virtual folders still work so i know I did that right but I know see two of every song in the virtual folders pointing to the same location. Was there a fix for this?

发表时间 Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 10:14 am
Well here is how I'm fixing mine at the moment maybe it will help someone else till the issue is found. I am adding my virtual folder to the automix. I then click on the remove duplicates in the automix, then delete the original virtual folder files, then copy from the auto mix back to the folder.

发表时间 Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 10:39 am
onebuckwild wrote :
Was this problem in your main folders or Virtual folders. I am having the same issue in my virtual folders. I installed a new second hard drive. I copied all music in with same file path and all my virtual folders still work so i know I did that right but I know see two of every song in the virtual folders pointing to the same location. Was there a fix for this?

I don't know the difference between main folders and virtual folders.

Here's how it looks:

I DO move my songs around a lot. I have read some advice on how to sort music in folders (mainly, a few hundred in a folder, not thousands, and don't have a bunch of folders with 5 songs each or it takes the computer a long time to search the folders), and as a result, I've been sorting my music and such. But I always use the Database > Remove missing files from search DB option:

followed by doing a Recurse on the entire Music folder. Then it finds the new song location and scans the tags and adds it to my search DB.

It doesn't ever duplicate a song a third time, no matter how much I move the songs (which is why I think moving them isn't necessarily key, I'm just throwing it out there), there's only ever two entries for a song in the database, and not all files (only .zip apparently), and not all .zip files, but most of them.

I just tried what you suggested, adding the songs to Automix and clicking Remove Duplicates.
Automix started with 96,047 songs. After removing duplicates, it went down to 53,733 songs. That tells you the ratio that's being duplicated. I think there's 11,419 songs that aren't being duped, and 42,314 songs that are.

I also groom my files a lot - but this can't possibly have anything to do it, as I haven't devoted nearly enough time to groom 42,314 songs. And songs I've groomed (i.e, renamed the file the way VDJ likes it named, added tags to the appropriate fields, etc.) are sometimes duped, and songs I haven't groomed are sometimes duped - no rhyme or reason to it.

I'll be happy to provide any more information to help figure out what's causing this pesky bug.

Thanks.

发表时间 Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 4:54 pm
My doubles only appear in my virtual folder. The red folders that you can create as a short cut to songs. My suggestion would only work for the virtual folders. Hope you find and answer to your issue, as mine were annoying being just virtual folders, and yours seams a lot more annoying. Good luck

发表时间 Sat 03 Jan 15 @ 7:23 pm
Do you have any of these songs in any playlist?

发表时间 Sun 04 Jan 15 @ 9:11 pm
63%