快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Wishlist on VDJ future plug in. Live sequencer.

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Okay, VDJ is known to be most popular dj software, but all of the other software are has their aces like traktor, you can hook up easily with other devices etc. . . but in comes to DJ software this sampler things are being focused. What if you make a sequencer plug in, where you can edit it live just like beatgrid, maybe 8 slots, you can choose different presets, like samplers recorded live or 1 shots on your vengeance or complete 8. can be mapped to keyboard or sampler buttons on SR or SX etc. every slots compose of 8 bars, just click and set the rythm, and bang! you've got your live sequencer. Maybe I'm just too cheap, cant afford any other devices. Well if does this be made, I would say good bye to other midi extra controllers.

发表时间 Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 5:16 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Interesting thought, explain how you imagine it would work. Lets explore the idea.
There are VSTi sequencers that work with V8 and you can also rewire reason/ableton as an input.

发表时间 Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 6:29 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I have a 32 beat effect/script sequencer in the works that would allow you to accomplish this :)

发表时间 Fri 29 Aug 14 @ 7:27 pm
The SBDJ equivalent of Serato Flip as a free plug-in???

:-)

(just don't call it Flop. LOL!)

发表时间 Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 3:20 am
No, its a beat sequencer. Flip is more of a macro recorder.

发表时间 Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 6:23 pm
So it's like a programmable slicer, and can also script? Very very interesting.
Sounds like it could be close to what glitch does.

发表时间 Sat 30 Aug 14 @ 7:58 pm
You select a pattern length of 4/8/16/32 beats, and then for those beat positions you select on/off for each row of actions - those actions being effects, script etc. I haven't added audio slicing to it because I don't think it's needed.

Here's how it looks at the moment...

When you select an effect I'm hopefully going to have the parameters optionally show up under that effect and for you to be able to control the parameters in a nice easy manner too :)

发表时间 Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 8:54 am
You are correct about audio slicing not being required, if desired, users can script that in for themselves from the native effect.
Now to carefully study that picture.

*edit*

related question/s, everything I see in that picture is accessible via script?, effect_button 'beatfx' X 1/0
Including a up/down selection/scriptable buttons for the drop down boxes I'd think would be for the best.
How may 'Slots'? is there a limit
This looks like it would really suit a launchpad, And if you get the params in there I can't imagine why you'd need most of the other effect guis, except maybe beatgrid.
Honestly my mind is racing with the possibilities on this one.
I can feel £240 wanting to leave my wallet soon.

发表时间 Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 11:27 am
locodog wrote :
related question/s, everything I see in that picture is accessible via script?

Not everything - at the moment it is possible to set the on/off selectors via VDJScript and to load presets. I've not allowed scripting the adding/deleting or rows or the changing of effects. Wouldn't be hard to do though I guess.

locodog wrote :
How may 'Slots'? is there a limit

No.

发表时间 Sun 31 Aug 14 @ 8:59 pm
I'm going to need a bigger keyboard :)
This is going to be VDJ's improved version of Glitch.vst, Controlists & subscribers are going to be kicking themselves.

How about step rate? From what I see, you only have steps, so steps == beats, If the step rate could be 4*, 2*, 1*, 0.5*, 0.25* (maybe interesting 1.5* & 0.75*) that would increase the scope, without users having to 1/2, 2* the track bpm to squeeze the extra performance.

When you say
'...you select on/off for each row of actions - those actions being effects, script etc'
So scripts...
So I could have one slot where the script is 'Volume +3% and for every step in the on position the volume will increase
I could have a second slot where only the final step calls for effect_active 'beatfx' off.

No need to reply (No need to give everything away) There's 3 possibilities to these question/suggestions, Will be included, Won't be included, Can't be included, and a little mystery never killed anyone.

All that said, this is the type of feature development info users love to see and crave be part of.
Atomix: We're trying to make this.
User: That's cool, how about including this?
Atomix: That makes sense, we'll see what can be done.

发表时间 Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 7:24 am
locodog wrote :
How about step rate? From what I see, you only have steps, so steps == beats, If the step rate could be 4*, 2*, 1*, 0.5*, 0.25* (maybe interesting 1.5* & 0.75*) that would increase the scope, without users having to 1/2, 2* the track bpm to squeeze the extra performance.

It's an interesting idea :)

locodog wrote :
So I could have one slot where the script is 'Volume +3% and for every step in the on position the volume will increase
I could have a second slot where only the final step calls for effect_active 'beatfx' off.

Correct.

发表时间 Mon 01 Sep 14 @ 9:27 am
Many ideas about this but they're cloudy until I have a good think, one thing I am clear on is naming when saving presets (I'm thinking saving via a self activated script), it should be automatic, 'Track name Date Time' with no dialogue, just a visual tick for a few seconds, maybe a choice autoname yes/no for those using it in less time critical applications.

One more thing, I see those blue squares and guess they are visuals for the current step, they must be queryable, that would make it possible to match and surpass flip.

This addon could be a big deal and Atomix marketing need to promote it as such, this isn't just another addon this could be the killer app. (I can see a lot of hardware remapping being required)

发表时间 Fri 05 Sep 14 @ 2:44 pm
Bump. What happened to this?

I was just going to post something about a sequencer ("when is Atomix going to add one?") then found this thread.

The vast majority of controllers now come with pads. Roland have controllers with onboard sequencers (which VDJ supports natively). Pioneer have just announced their "CDJ sampler" with a sequencer on board. As Moloko once sang, the time is now.

发表时间 Wed 25 Oct 17 @ 8:01 pm
It's a project I picked back up last week actually :)

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 9:41 am
Good things take it times ;o)
Thanks.

发表时间 Thu 26 Oct 17 @ 4:39 pm
Hi Scott!
Any news about "beat sequencer" ?

发表时间 Wed 24 Apr 19 @ 8:32 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)