快速登录:  

Forum: VirtualDJ 8.0 Technical Support

话题: Slicer effect. - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

What is the Slicer effect in VDJ8? It doesn't work for me or am I missing something?

发表时间 Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 4:55 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Not a bug SOLVED

You're missing a lot of fun.

Simple: A slicer continually samples the music in sections and has these slices ready to play while pressed

Explained: Start the effect, bring up the gui, set the step length to 1, (see how the number buttons, almost imperceptibley, change colour this is the playing beat right now) press and hold a numbered button and that beat will loop at the length you specify while you hold (length must be =< than step length), when you let go the track carries on as if nothing had happened,
The Lock button stops the slicer from resampling (let's say a tune has a fantastic intro beat and a really long breakdown. In the intro start the slicer and press lock, when the breakdown plays press/hold the numbered buttons and you'll get intro slices played over the top, without locking you would get breakdown slices instead.

Mapping, the slicer is almost useless with the mouse, here's a bit of my keyboard mapping for it

<map value="NUM1" action="effect_button 'slicer' 2 & slicer 'length' 0.25" />
<map value="NUM2" action="effect_button 'slicer' 2 & slicer 'length' 0.375" />
<map value="NUM3" action="effect_button 'slicer' 2 & slicer 'length' 0.5" />
<map value="NUM4" action="effect_button 'slicer' 1 & slicer 'length' 0.25" />
<map value="NUM5" action="effect_button 'slicer' 1 & slicer 'length' 0.375" />
<map value="NUM6" action="effect_button 'slicer' 1 & slicer 'length' 0.5" />

Beat 2 1/16
Beat 2 1/8
Beat 2 1/4
Beat 1 1/16
Beat 1 1/8
Beat 1 1/4

发表时间 Thu 05 Jun 14 @ 5:44 am
Any idea how to get slicer working like it does in Serato Itch? In Serato Itch with my Novation Twitch it would hold the position of the track where you held the sample and jump backwards and forwards between the sample points in the track (In VDJ the track continues to play even when you hold a slicer button down)? The LED's would follow the beat length on the controller and stay held to the controller pad when held down.

发表时间 Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 3:14 am
Doesn't the lock do that, I'm probably wrong I don't know how itch works.
You could put the track in a loop I suppose.

发表时间 Fri 06 Jun 14 @ 5:33 am
every time i try and use my slicer on my fx gain knobs everything just goes silent, nothing happens, it has worked before but suddenly nothing, got vdj 8 home edition and Reloop beat mix 4,

发表时间 Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 11:06 am
every other effect works fine

发表时间 Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 11:06 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
This is already fixed in the latest beta build. If you wish to get the beta build prior becoming public (in a few days - after tested), you can ..
enable get Beat builds from your Account or enable the getBetaBuilds option from the Advanced Settings of VirtualDJ.

发表时间 Sat 13 Dec 14 @ 5:26 pm
i still cannot get the slicer to work, ithink the beatmix 4 cant do slicer effect at all, cause nothing happens when the slicer in on no matter whati do on the controller.

发表时间 Sun 26 Apr 15 @ 10:46 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You cant really control Slicer from a controller, unless a dedicated PADS mode is assigned to control the Slicer Effect's buttons.
The Reloop Beatmix 4 has 2 PADS modes, and those have been assigned as HotCues, Loops and Samples in order to follow the silkscreen labels.
If you wish to control the SLicer using the 8 Pads of the Reloop Beatmix 4, you will need to "sacrifice" one of the above functions (e.g. replace sampler_pad x actions with slicer x actions)

Alternatively, you may assign a button to toggle a variable and have slicer actions when this variable is true and sampelr when false.
So if a button is assigned as .. toggle 'slicermode'
then the MODEB_PADx buttons will be ..
var 'slicermode' ? slicer x : sampler_pad x (where x is the number of the PAD from 1 to 8)

发表时间 Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 9:32 am
okay thanks alot, ill try this out as i never really use the sampler ever

发表时间 Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 1:48 pm
but i canr seem to find the mapping section in configs, found before but now i just cant seem to find it :S

发表时间 Mon 27 Apr 15 @ 2:08 pm
well i have manged to make some
kinda slicer now with the sampler pads, but im not sure i have understood the slicer properly now that i playing around with it :)

发表时间 Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 12:16 pm
and all the 8 pads seem to do the same amount of beats `?

发表时间 Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 12:19 pm
so the writing is like tihs so far:

KEY: MODEB PAD1 ACTION: slicer 1

but there is definitly something wrong here, what?

发表时间 Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 12:43 pm
locodog wrote :

here's a bit of my keyboard mapping for it

effect_button 'slicer' 2 & slicer 'length' 0.25
effect_button 'slicer' 2 & slicer 'length' 0.375
effect_button 'slicer' 2 & slicer 'length' 0.5
effect_button 'slicer' 1 & slicer 'length' 0.25
effect_button 'slicer' 1 & slicer 'length' 0.375
effect_button 'slicer' 1 & slicer 'length' 0.5

Beat 2 1/16
Beat 2 1/8
Beat 2 1/4
Beat 1 1/16
Beat 1 1/8
Beat 1 1/4

发表时间 Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 12:51 pm
thakns, but i dont see how i can use it for my sampler pdas really, cause i odnt see any where to put the beat lengths, it is very frustrating cause i have bought the controller for more tehn 1 year ago now and tried to make slicer work ever since,

发表时间 Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 1:33 pm

Sigh, ATGNI, ;-)
You also have MODEB_SHIFT_PADX which could have buttons to change the length / step size like
effect_slider 'length' +14.3%
effect_slider 'length' -14.3%

And
effect_slider 'Step size' +16.7%
effect_slider 'Step size' -16.7%

发表时间 Tue 28 Apr 15 @ 3:13 pm
so would you put the lenght parts in the sample bakn buttons? cause i just put the ones in the picture in the spots but not slicing yet, only distortion sounds, sorry im bothering you guys so much :)

发表时间 Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 1:30 pm
effect_slider 'length' +14.3%
effect_slider 'length' -14.3%

And
effect_slider 'Step size' +16.7%
effect_slider 'Step size' -16.7%

i just copyed this and put in the sampler bank buttons, but it does not seem to change much, im way over my head here :=)

发表时间 Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 1:40 pm
Ok let's make them specific

effect_slider 'slicer' 1 +16.7%
effect_slider 'slicer' 1 -16.7%

effect_slider 'slicer' 2 +14.3%
effect_slider 'slicer' 2 -14.3%

Also I forgot about lock
effect_button 'slicer' 9

open the FX gui and watch what happens when you press

发表时间 Wed 29 Apr 15 @ 3:13 pm
49%