快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: How to get to the start of the track

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

hi all:

Let's say you're knee-deep into cueing up the next track, and you are running out of time on the live track, (presuming you don't want to loop the end to extend it)

I know that auto-cue exists as an option, but I'd want to manually be able to do this on a whim, which is where my dilemma starts.

How do you give up trying to find a specific part of the new song and just play it (or at least cue it) at the start of the song? I'd think maybe I could hold the cue button or something for 2 seconds and it would just go right to the top of the track. Could that be programmed via the skin?

I want to do this on my controller, and not on the VDJ GUI itself. (I'm using the Versadeck controller unit)

Thanks
J

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 12:00 pm
I must be missing something here. If you are knee deep in the mix, and the track playing is coming to an end, why would you want to fool around, and try to find the beginning of a track? That is one of the benifits of this and any other software. That is why you have cue points set up, so you don't have to waste time trying to find the point you want to start. Also, the biginning of the song, as seen by the wave form, could be waves crashing, or some other ambient sounds, that you may not want to hear. If you just want to get to the beginning of the track, why not use the jog wheel, to advance to that point?

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 7:04 pm
pseftPRO InfinityMember since 2009
betaonemusic wrote :
hi all:

Let's say you're knee-deep into cueing up the next track, and you are running out of time on the live track, (presuming you don't want to loop the end to extend it)

I know that auto-cue exists as an option, but I'd want to manually be able to do this on a whim, which is where my dilemma starts.

How do you give up trying to find a specific part of the new song and just play it (or at least cue it) at the start of the song? I'd think maybe I could hold the cue button or something for 2 seconds and it would just go right to the top of the track. Could that be programmed via the skin?

I want to do this on my controller, and not on the VDJ GUI itself. (I'm using the Versadeck controller unit)

Thanks
J

When u say how to get the start of the track. ... are you using VD?

If yes why would you do that when VDJ only last 10 mins

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 10:58 pm
lol talk on the mic and then play the next song ! you can only do this once every 30 min

发表时间 Wed 13 Feb 13 @ 11:20 pm
You should map a button on your console as "goto_first_beat"
That's the best solution for what you describe.
You should also register your copy of VirtualDJ on your profile to avoid some pointless responses ^^^
http://www.virtualdj.com/users/edit.html

Regards!

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 4:37 am
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
go threw all ur tracks and find the first beat and set cue point 1
all u have to do in a rush is load a track hit sync to make the bpm the same then count the beats on the track playing
as soon as it hits the first beat of the next bar press cue 1 on the deck that uv just loaded....

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 5:42 am
Isn't the first beat of a song activated with play when smart play is engaged?

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 9:15 am
No.
Smart play will "quantize" the beats. It will not move to the first beat...

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 10:36 am
A few things come to mind....
1. Buy & Register the Virtual DJ Pro
2. Come back & ask your question again.

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 1:15 pm
No, he does not have to come back, he can ask all the questions he wants. You do not have to answer him.

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 3:44 pm
getafixPRO InfinityMember since 2010
TSLAMMINK wrote :
A few things come to mind....
1. Buy & Register the Virtual DJ Pro
2. Come back & ask your question again.

shame on you for this ^^^

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 4:31 pm
He says he owns a Versadeck, which comes with a copy of VDJ7 LE. It appears he just hasn't registered his Versadeck as of yet.

However, I would say it doesn't make a lot of sense why you would be in the situation you state. First, the very first thing you do when you load the next track, is set a cue point for the beginning if you haven't previously. Then if you want to start later in the song somewhere, find another place to load a 2nd or 3rd cue point. If you can't find a better spot, then you can revert to the first cue point.

All you have to do to manually cue it up, is use the jog/scratch wheel on your versadeck to spin it up to the 1st beat/start of the song. If there is a quiet beginning you want to skip, spin it up to the part of the wave form that isn't quiet, find the first beat, cue. If you haven't left yourself enough time to do that, what were you doing for 99% of the playing track?? If you changed your mind right at the end, then it's really too late to change your mind at the end of the track. Plan ahead. You should be 2 songs ahead of yourself at minimum when playing at an event.

I highly advise against having some kind of automatic macro to find the start of your track, because software doesn't always get it right, and you could have a bad mix from doing so. So, set a "start of song" cue point before digging deeper, and plan ahead, not just track by track. If someone wants to chat with you, find your next track first, load it up, and atleast have a start of song cue point loaded before chatting.

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 6:55 pm
gkon116PRO InfinityMember since 2006
gimmo wrote :
lol talk on the mic and then play the next song ! you can only do this once every 30 min

Gimmo-that response a elicited a lot of laughter on my part, then throw in Phantom's comment:

PhantomDeejay wrote :
You should also register your copy of VirtualDJ on your profile to avoid some pointless responses ^^^

& I was lmao even more!

Nick

发表时间 Thu 14 Feb 13 @ 9:05 pm
>>First, the very first thing you do when you load the next track, is set a cue point for the beginning if you haven't previously.

This has never been part of my workflow; but I think it will be from here on in! Thank you to those of you who were kind enough to give a helpful and thoughtful reply.

For those asking how I'd get myself into this mess in the first place, I guess I'm used to loading a song, noodling around with it, then cueing it up.. it's a 2-button sequence on the Versadek (and its clones) to set a Cue point, and I just never had gotten into that good habit. Your advice is taken graciously.

Incidentally, I have registered my vdj pro7 on the site.

thanks again!
J

发表时间 Mon 25 Feb 13 @ 9:14 pm
I have a keyboard shortcut set so that when I press the left arrow key the track will skip back 16 bars with each press. And because the beat grids on all my tracks are set properly a couple of presses of the arrow key will seamlessly skip to an earlier part of the song on beat. Doing this may jump to the middle of a chorus or something but at least it's on beat and it's better than the alternative (dead air).

发表时间 Tue 26 Feb 13 @ 3:55 am
hey guys, im running vdj8, i set a cue point 1 but when the track is loaded it just starts from the first beat and not from cue point i have set. please help cheers DJ LV

发表时间 Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 10:34 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You need to set autoCue setting (from Settings->Options) to Cue

发表时间 Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 11:30 am
Please can someone help me how to set key for skip silence to star from the the beginning of the song (skip the silence)

发表时间 Fri 16 Aug 19 @ 11:55 am
DJ FESTIVAL138 wrote :
Please can someone help me how to set key for skip silence to star from the the beginning of the song (skip the silence)

It's actually a setting:

发表时间 Fri 16 Aug 19 @ 12:15 pm
... and if you are running in automix mode, it's an automix type:

发表时间 Fri 16 Aug 19 @ 12:17 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)