快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: HELP!!! 2nd Laptop with Windows 8 and VDJ Pro 7.0.5 Video issues.... : (

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

rweinerPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Hi Folks, I had a Samsung Laptop with AMD processor & video card, 4Gigs of Ram and had issues with Video skipping, auto-crossfade skips, sound distorted, video freezing & more.....Returned the Laptop and now I have a HP Envy 6M, Specs: Processor Speed Intel 3rd Generation Core i5 2.6 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.2 GHz, 8GB Ram, 750 GB Hard Drive, Intel HD Graphics 4000 with up to 1664MB of Total Memory & Graphics Card Intel HD 4000. Now with the New HP anytime I show a Music Video it all choppy and video is broken up. What's the Deal???? I just learned today that Microsoft is putting out a NEW Vrs of Windows 8 already....YAHOO. I've called tech support for Microsoft and they want $199.95 to have a Certified Tech try to fix the problem....Ummmmm NO THANKS!! So the Big question is.......Is there a problem with VDJ Pro or is it Windows 8 or something to do with my laptop. Any help or feedback would be GREAT!! Thank you all in advance and Keep On Jammin!! Side note....I have not put the VDJ Pro 7.3, could that be a problem to??

发表时间 Sat 02 Feb 13 @ 12:30 pm
Intel HD4000 is an on-chip graphics card with shared memory.

It is not recommended to use this for video output although it may possibly work. To be successful you need a video card with dedicated RAM by ATI or Nvidia.

Keith

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 12:45 pm
rweinerPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Keith do you think I should just get an ATI graphic.....and what type? I've tried VDJ 7.3 on win 8 and 7 HP laptops and the video still was choppy.....ugh. To boot Microsoft is already putting out a Vrs of win 8 and Microsoft told me that they do not support VDJ.....,yahoo! Or is there a way for me to make the hd card that I have work?

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 3:59 pm

发表时间 Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 4:56 am
donsotrPRO InfinityMember since 2008
Basically, take it back. I am not sure when, but the 2012 and beyond PCs HAVE to have a 2GB Dedicated Graphics card, not JUST integrated. There are only a few out there. I tried a 1 GB dedicated and it was still a bit choppy. Once VDJ is installed (newest is fine), right click the icon, and choose RUN WITH GRAPHICS. Some say run with high performance NVIDIA graphic card. That should help, but it drives me crazy we have to spend over $800 on a PC with dedicated graphics. I am trying to upgrade from a 4 year old Sony VIAO with a Intel Centrino with works great but runs high on CPU. Therefore i am ungrading to a i7, 8DDR, Terabyte HD with 2GB dedicated graphics.

发表时间 Tue 05 Feb 13 @ 8:31 pm
If you want to run video smoothly then you need a high performance video card with dedicated video RAM. Basic video cards that share system memory are not usually good enough and are intended for typical home/office users who don't need high performance video.

See http://www.virtualdj.com/products/hardware.html

NOTE: In most cases, a basic shared video card should be adequate if you are just mixing audio only.

发表时间 Wed 06 Feb 13 @ 6:21 am
hello im dj kel 973 i solved the video issue in virtual dj 7 or 7.5 i did it by going to regedit then/ current user/software/virtual dj..then scroll down to video mem max. then i put a value of 800( your PC may differ)then you change from hexadecimal to decimal then scroll down to videoyv12bug change from 0 to 1 ,from hexadecimal to decimal then close reg edit then open virtual dj when i did that the videos were very smooth no lag or freeze ..i hope this works for you ... note. i did this on a laptop video very smooth now .peace!!!!!!!!

发表时间 Sat 09 Feb 13 @ 4:26 pm
Will that salve the shared memory issues with videos?

发表时间 Sun 24 Mar 13 @ 4:55 pm
yes

发表时间 Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 3:55 pm
make sure you switch to decimal before changing value

发表时间 Mon 25 Mar 13 @ 4:02 pm
Just wanted to thank dj kel for the reg fix...Tried it and it worked just perfectly....No more studder on the bootey,,,smooth and fine.. TNKS
Should mention this was one of those lappies that was using shared mem..Just did not cut the job. Also on win 8..

发表时间 Fri 12 Apr 13 @ 6:49 pm
dj kel 973 wrote :
video mem max. then i put a value of 800( your PC may differ)

How can I tell what my VIDEO MEM MAX is?

Is it the dedicated memory????

Win 8 64
GeForce GTb630M

Driver Ver; 307.17
DirectX Sup; 11.1
CUDA Cores; 96
Graphic Dock; 475 MHz
Processor Dock; 950 MHz
Memory Data Rate; 1800 MHz
Memory Interface; 128-bit
Total Available Graphics; 2723 MB
Dedicated Video Memory; 1024 MB DDR3