快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: VDJ Windows 64 bit Version?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Does anyone know if VDJ will release a 64 bit version? I'm in the process of picking up another laptop and will taylor the specs on the answer to my question. I've been a VDJ user for years, but have always been disappointed at the fact the software doesn't natively support multicores. Like everyone, I use the software for many things including video DJing. I also use the denon 3700's which I've been disappointed at their performance due to the toll or hit my laptop takes hence why I don't use usb timecodes with them. The denon decks are used in combo with the x1600 mixer, but again making it useless when in midi mode. Multi code support would be a nice feature.

Thanks in advance,

DJ LEX

发表时间 Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 10:00 pm
cjamsHome userMember since 2012
ok dj lex... i hear you loud and clear..vdj is natively a 32bit program.. i myself just upgraded to an i3 with 8gb of ram and of course a 64bit windows7...after installing pro7.. it ran fine.. it was stable.. but it wouldnt close when i was done..read that we should change our theme to basic because in our configuration vdj has a problem with the aero theme.. but..after changing my theme to basic windows i still have the problem of the application not closing properly.. i hope that someone sheds some light on this problem too

发表时间 Sat 28 Jan 12 @ 10:39 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
fazuniga wrote :
at the fact the software doesn't natively support multicores.

VirtualDJ is a multi-threaded application since a long time !! So this statement is clearly false. Do not forget threads are managed by your OS.

Quote :
If the computer has multiple processors or processor cores, the operating system takes responsibility for allocating the threads to the processors in the most efficient way

发表时间 Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 8:40 am
I have VDJ Pro and also have Windows 7 64-bit installed on my computer.
Everything works fine, so no problems here ;)

发表时间 Sun 29 Jan 12 @ 9:20 am
cjamsHome userMember since 2012
wow steve.. i have a friend that has win7 64bit and he has no problems either.. both of our machines are brand new.. my otrq 2.03 run flawlessly on both my 32bit machine and 64bit.. but vdj is driving me crazy!!.. it starts up fine.. runs fine.. but will not close..i have use alt ctrl del and close it with task manager... and it loses all settings evertime...smh..this is the fourth time ive tried reinstalling.. i hate to give up, but i think im just going to have to uninstall the program if i cant get this thing to close properly and save all my settings.. i hate that im forced to go in another direction :(

发表时间 Mon 30 Jan 12 @ 5:18 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Looking at your avatar I'm guessing you're using an Xponent - this will be the cause.

Some things to try:

* Moving an xponent a short time after closing VDJ; or
* Unplugging xponent before exiting VDJ

发表时间 Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 5:51 am
I have been using VDJPro on W7-64 for a few years. No problems!

发表时间 Tue 31 Jan 12 @ 5:18 pm
yk23PRO InfinityMember since 2006
If your computer is not running corretly with the 32bit version of VDJ, the 64bit version wont help either. VDJ uses needs processor power more than memory. I always hear at work: "So if I put more memory in my system, will it run faster?" Unless you have 1 or maybe 2gb of ram with Windows 7, the answer is no.

-David

发表时间 Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 8:43 am
My intention wasn't to say whether virtual dj will work or not, I'm trying to get as much (horse) power out of my laptop as possible. VDJ works on my 64 bit pro windows 7. The problem is there's only so much setting affiinity to use multi cores will do. As it stands when I plug my two denon 3700s they take alot of power out of my laptop, we're talking about a 4 core 2.2ghz chipset. CDJ freezes at a certain point. If I use one 3700 the problem goes away or I use both VDJ shows processor at 100% and tends to lock up. Thats why I was asking if VDJ was going to release a 64 bit version of the application/software. My only other option is to wait for windows 8 and hope the OS is lighiter to where it wont kill vdj is I connect my turntables and mixer. I want to be able to truly use my gear how it was intended.

thanks,

发表时间 Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 7:05 pm
Ok help me!! I bout a asus I7 1.73 ghz 6gig ram 64 bit operating system 2 tb hard drives. I spinn dual cdj 1000s and have the conectiv sound card. Some nights the program runs flawless and others it will freeze up on me once every hour to a hour and a half. I usually have to close the program and restart it. Is it setting? The old computer was a single core much slower an less ram and I never had issues like this.

发表时间 Wed 01 Feb 12 @ 10:53 pm
cjams wrote :
wow steve.. i have a friend that has win7 64bit and he has no problems either.. both of our machines are brand new.. my otrq 2.03 run flawlessly on both my 32bit machine and 64bit.. but vdj is driving me crazy!!.. it starts up fine.. runs fine.. but will not close..i have use alt ctrl del and close it with task manager... and it loses all settings evertime...smh..this is the fourth time ive tried reinstalling.. i hate to give up, but i think im just going to have to uninstall the program if i cant get this thing to close properly and save all my settings.. i hate that im forced to go in another direction :(

This is cause by your xponent, I had the same problem with my xponent. I would setup my music without the xponent plugged in so I could save my data, otherwise if the xponent was plugged in nothing would save since the program would not shut down properly. I love the xponent, too bad it has a buggy driver.

Also the new torq 2 will cause your audio programs to act up, I had to uninstall it for my VDJ to work properly.

发表时间 Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 12:12 am
bonanzaflyer wrote :
Ok help me!! I bout a asus I7 1.73 ghz 6gig ram 64 bit operating system 2 tb hard drives. I spinn dual cdj 1000s and have the conectiv sound card. Some nights the program runs flawless and others it will freeze up on me once every hour to a hour and a half. I usually have to close the program and restart it. Is it setting? The old computer was a single core much slower an less ram and I never had issues like this.

I have never used a conectiv sound card but being a previous owner of other M-audio products I would suggest you try using another sound card to see if the problem continues because M-audio is known for buggy drivers and software. Maybe the 64 bit driver has a bug.

发表时间 Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 12:18 am
fazuniga wrote :
Does anyone know if VDJ will release a 64 bit version? I'm in the process of picking up another laptop and will taylor the specs on the answer to my question. I've been a VDJ user for years, but have always been disappointed at the fact the software doesn't natively support multicores. Like everyone, I use the software for many things including video DJing. I also use the denon 3700's which I've been disappointed at their performance due to the toll or hit my laptop takes hence why I don't use usb timecodes with them. The denon decks are used in combo with the x1600 mixer, but again making it useless when in midi mode. Multi code support would be a nice feature.

Thanks in advance,

DJ LEX

I used to own your exact Denon setup and I never had a problem on my 64bit Windows 7 laptop.

发表时间 Thu 02 Feb 12 @ 12:21 am
For all 64bit users click on this link for compatible download: ----
All the best.

[Edit Mod] Sorry, No License Users are not allowed to post links. If this version of Virtual DJ is modified, it is not a legal version. The official Virtual DJ Home Free-edition can be downloaded from this site: http://www.virtualdj.com/download/free.html
As said before, VDJ runs fine on a 64-bits OS.

发表时间 Wed 29 Aug 12 @ 11:43 am
VDJ will work fine on a 64-bit system, but any 64-bit plugins run inside VDJ will need to be 'bridged'.

发表时间 Sun 03 Feb 13 @ 8:40 pm
Please bear in mind that some older hardware such as DJ sound cards, MIDI controllers, etc. may not have 64-bit compatible drivers available. Before upgrading to a 64-bit system, make sure that you check the manufacturer's websites of the hardware that you will be using to ensure that it's compatible.

发表时间 Mon 04 Feb 13 @ 5:16 am
JoberaHome userMember since 2014
Can someone show me the way to download the virtual DJ 8

发表时间 Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 11:39 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

发表时间 Sun 27 Jul 14 @ 6:17 pm

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)