快速登录:  

Forum: Old versions

话题: Invalid Skin File (error line 0 in the xml) - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I just bought a numark mixtrack pro, and a copy of VirtualDj LE came with it. I installed it, and when prompted entered the serial number, and the 'invalid skin file' error popped up before the program opened. I tried uninstalling it, and reinstalling it and the same thing happened. In another attempt, I hit cancel instead of entering the serial number, and the VirtualDj opened, but I don't want to have to rely on this method. I tried clearing all the skins in the skins folder and downloading a new skin, and the error message still appeared before the program opened. I've looked through all the forums, and nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

By the way, I'm running windows 7 at 1280 x 1024.

发表时间 Sun 06 Nov 11 @ 1:13 am
papamajidian wrote :
all the skins in the skins folder and downloading a new skin

What's this "all the skins" business?

If you're running the VDJ version that shipped with your controller, it has one skin. That's it.

And where exactly did you download a new skin?

Best delete all the other skins (wherever they came from) and any other copies of VDJ you may have on your computer, and start over.

发表时间 Sun 06 Nov 11 @ 11:04 am

发表时间 Sun 06 Nov 11 @ 3:44 pm
Can someone please help with some ideas. I am getting the invalid skin file (error line 0 in the xml). I cannot find anything useful posted in the forums to try. I am running Win7 64. I just purchased the Numark iDJ3 and I am trying to use the VirtualDJ LE received. I have installed/uninstalled several times, I have run as administer, the seriel number entry is correct....I don't know what to do from here. Please help. Thanks.

发表时间 Sun 25 Dec 11 @ 12:16 pm
nikmarLE userMember since 2011
I am having the same problem. ive ran everysingle solution the virtual dj website has given me and nothing has worked. please help thanks.

发表时间 Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 8:35 am
Reinstall VDJ as admin?

Keith

发表时间 Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 8:51 am
hi keith i have everything running under administrator, and it still launchs it with the "Invalid skin file". i have tried deleting the skin folder as a whole, leaving one of the skins their and others deleted. And the virtual dj folder is in the documents folder under the administrator. I am just unclear why it is not working. please help thanks. I am also running windows 7 64 bit

发表时间 Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 9:00 am
When i try to reinstall it under admin, i clicked properties of the installation and the box that you check for run under admin was un clickable. and would not let me choose that option. it only lets me choose it after i download it

发表时间 Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 10:00 am
Has anyone found a resolution to the problem? I am experiencing the same thing and have tried everything suggested on the virtual dj website. I am running XP.

发表时间 Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 11:48 am
Ya i cant seem to get this to work. which specific skin folder should i delete?

发表时间 Mon 26 Dec 11 @ 9:47 pm
There should be only one.

Also, it helps A LOT if you provide information about your system/setup when you post - otherwise people can't give you specific answers.

What computer you're running, what OS you're using, what resolution your screen is, what (exact) version of VDJ you're using and so on.

The more info YOU give, the more helpful answer WE can give.

发表时间 Tue 27 Dec 11 @ 5:48 am
Thank you Groovindj.....I am using Windows XP, I have the iDJ3, Virtual DJ LE and my screen resolution is 1024 by 768 (32 bit). I still get this error. When you say there should only be one. Which one? Because under My documents/skins, I have v5 and for folders for v7. I deleted all but one v7. I even tried installing it on another laptop (running Windows 7) and same error exits. Any suggestions?

发表时间 Tue 27 Dec 11 @ 10:29 am
DactylHome userMember since 2011
Hi I have the same problem :(
I have a macbook pro running OS X v.10.6.8 snow leapord, have virtual dj djc edition which I got with my hercules dj mp3 e2, and didn't like the skin, so i went on downloads on this site and downloaded the C.E. skin. I put it (The .zip file and the install C_E_ file) in Users>Username>Library>VirtualDJ>Skins and clicked the install C_E_ file which said installation had completed. I then clicked the VDJ app and the normal loading screen came up but when it came to loading skins, it closed down and said "Invalid Skin File (error line %i in the xml). That happens every time. I've moved all of my other skins out of the skins folder and it still happens! Can anyone help? :s

发表时间 Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 5:36 am
Sorry, VirtualDJ LE doesn't support using custom skins except during the 20 day trial of the full Pro - Please see: http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/How%20do%20I%20change%20the%20skin%20or%20use%20plugins%20in%20VirtualDJ%20LE%20or%20Console%20Edition.html

If you are using the 20 day trial, then you have probably loaded a skin that is not compatible with your version, e.g: You have installed a skin designed for VirtualDJ v7 but are using VirtualDJ LE v6. If you have VirtualDJ LE v6, you will need to use a skin designed for VirtualDJ v6.x or earlier.

发表时间 Thu 29 Dec 11 @ 5:43 am
This is what I did after 2 days of messing with it.....

1. Register on this site and verify account.
2. Set up my profile (dob, location, name, etc...) along with the code on the cd that came with the deck.
3. This will give u rights to download the software for the item on-line under the tab DOWNLOAD (right next to tab PRODUCTS).
4. I downloaded it and =) it works....

Keep in mind that the cd that came with my item was V 7.0.4 .....the one that you get to download online is V 7.0.3 which seems to be an older version according to the numbers but IT WORKS.

If you have anyother questions message me on facebook under amylovesvictor cuz I'm horrible on keeping up with forum stuff =/

发表时间 Sat 21 Jan 12 @ 11:26 am
This is what I did after 2 days of messing with it.....

1. Register on this site and verify account.
2. Set up my profile (dob, location, name, etc...) along with the code on the cd that came with the deck.
3. This will give u rights to download the software for the item on-line under the tab DOWNLOAD (right next to tab PRODUCTS).
4. I downloaded it and =) it works....

Keep in mind that the cd that came with my item was V 7.0.4 .....the one that you get to download online is V 7.0.3 which seems to be an older version according to the numbers but IT WORKS.

If you have anyother questions message me on facebook under amylovesvictor cuz I'm horrible on keeping up with forum stuff =/

sthscheer you are a genius!!!!! its not the same version that it comes with my numark, but its official and it works!!

发表时间 Tue 07 Feb 12 @ 8:06 pm
I need help really bad i have tried all the methods from the internet, but nothing has worked so far. I am on windows 7 on a toshiba computer. i have virtural dj le. does anyone has any ideas or ansewrs?

发表时间 Tue 17 Apr 12 @ 9:52 pm

发表时间 Wed 18 Apr 12 @ 7:02 am
@sthscheer/ amylovesvictor :: AWESOME!! You are right it works!! Just register with the site and use the download to fix the error!! Thanks!!

发表时间 Fri 27 Apr 12 @ 8:55 pm
NOTHING!!!! of the following fixed problem for me:

deleteing skins folder
deleting preferences file
downloading and installing update

I am using restricted account. And I use MAC, not windows.

What is wrong with this software?

发表时间 Wed 23 May 12 @ 10:02 am
77%