快速登录:  

Forum: General Discussion

话题: American Audio Radius 3000 - Page: 1

由于该帖子的部分内容已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

I know the radius 3000 is capable of having 8 midi channels on each deck but I have yet to see a vdj map making use of it. Does anyone have one? I would like to use 4 decks with 2 players so I can take advantage of this feature. I know on their website they have a 2 deck map but none for 4 decks. They do have one for traktor!! It seems that with these players that someone would have made on by now. These players are awesome, much better than Pioneer cdj 1000 mk3. These should be VDJ's flagship cd/midi player because of all the midi mapping that can be done to run up to 16 decks. I wish I was better at mapping.

Thanks Matt

发表时间 Sat 05 Mar 11 @ 11:37 am
Let me know when you get a mapping for them. I have these units and I super freaking love them, except for one minor detail. When in MIDI mode, all you see on the display is the word "MIDI", sucks.

发表时间 Sat 05 Mar 11 @ 11:39 am
I have two of these units as well and love them. When you open up the 4 player skin you should be able to switch decks just simply by pressing the eject button on both of the radius units. That will change which deck they operate.

Also... I've posted questions about these units for the past couple of weeks and no one has gotten back to me on anythings. It's getting a bit frustrating. Although the display only says MIDI when working with them, are you guys getting the rest of the deck to light up? I can't seem to get that working on windows 7. My buddy has windows xp and they all light up. I can't seem to figure out what the difference is. Any thoughts on that.

发表时间 Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 1:36 pm

发表时间 Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 2:39 pm
Mine are not working. Are you running windows 7 by any chance. As well... when you say to re-install the driver for the radius I beleive you are referring to the file that is downloadable from ADJ themselves which is the mapping file for it. But that's for version 6 and is not necessary for version 7 and above to my understanding. I tried it anyways with no success. I'm trying to figure out what the hell I'm missing here. It's really starting to tick me off. Any other ideas at all.

发表时间 Thu 10 Mar 11 @ 9:36 pm

ahahahaha dumb ass me. You are right, it was for the older version. Yes I'm running windows 7. Try deleting VDj from your laptop, and download the new version. I'm scratching my head on this one because I don't see why yours is not working.

Can you list how you have your set up, starting from how you have it set up on VDJ to sound card, maybe we might find something wrong.

发表时间 Fri 11 Mar 11 @ 12:22 am
dj-plazPRO InfinityMember since 2010
American Audio Radius 3000

VDJ:

Do you need the Versaport to connect the Rds3000 in conjunction with an external mixer on my laptop?

I would also like to play regular Cds and Mp3s while I am not using VDJ on this same external mixer. Could this be possible?

Can you please give me feedback on what I need to do to play VDJ music and videos as well as to transition to traditional Cds if needed. Thanks!

Respectfully,

PLaZ

发表时间 Sun 08 May 11 @ 7:28 pm
American Audio Radius 3000

VDJ:

Do you need the Versaport to connect the Rds3000 in conjunction with an external mixer on my laptop?

No, the versaport connects from your lap top to your mixer. There's no need for your Radius to be plugged into the versaport.

I would also like to play regular Cds and Mp3s while I am not using VDJ on this same external mixer. Could this be possible?

yes, it is possible, If you have a two channel mixer with a line and phono switch per channel, you can connect your radius via rca cables to your mixer, and if you want to use CD's or USB just switch it from line to phono. If you have a four channel mixer, assign your radius via the rca to the other two empty channels.

Can you please give me feedback on what I need to do to play VDJ music and videos as well as to transition to traditional Cds if needed. Thanks!

To transition from VDJ to CD's, using the above answer, just press MIDI, when in MIDI mode, and this will take them out of the MIDI mode and then you can chose CD on your radius.

Respectfully,

PLaZ

发表时间 Sun 08 May 11 @ 11:51 pm
dj ho:

Could you please help me to setup my Inputs, Outputs, Sound Card on my VDJ.

I will use two Radius 3000 table tops, external mixer, and my laptop using Windows 7. I will first download and install the Midi Command file connection for my Radius 3000's from the American Audio website. Restart laptop and then connect my Radius 3000 tabletops to my laptop. Turn on the tabletops and open VDJ Pro 7.0.3.

What should I put my Inputs, Outputs, and Sound Card at?

Configure "Mappers" tab to American Audio Radius 3000. Then press on the "Midi" button on the tabletop.

Then I will connect my Versaport to my laptop via USB which then connects to my external mixer via RCA's.

Is this procedure correct? Is my software up to date regarding versions, drivers etc, or what is the best recommendation for best performance? I understand now that just pressing the Midi button I can come back and play traditional Cds/Mp3s.

One last thing, if I run out of USB Inputs for my external harddrive, can I connect a 3 in 1 USB adapter for my tabletops or external harddrive?

I really appreciate your help sir.

Respectfully,
PLaZ

发表时间 Sun 15 May 11 @ 6:22 pm
Once you have downloaded all the drivers, all you need to do is connect your versaport to your lap top, and your radius to the lap top as well.

Turn on the radius and set them on MIDI mode, make sure that VDJ is set up to read the versaport audio card, and you are ready to start playing your music.

This is how you connect your versaport to your mixer.

发表时间 Sun 15 May 11 @ 10:25 pm
dj ho:

I just downloaded the full 7.0.4. Could you please help me to setup my Inputs, Outputs, Sound Card on my VDJ. Do I need to map my Radius 3000?

Thanks!

-plaz

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 8:04 pm
dj ho:

I cannot get the Radius 3000 to talk to VDJ. Do I need a Midi Command file for VDJ 7.0.4? Thanks.

plaz

发表时间 Mon 16 May 11 @ 11:52 pm
The radius should be natively supported, make sure you have midi and HID devices selected, then select rescan for new devices, If that doesn't work it's probably a driver problem or the device isn't connected

发表时间 Tue 17 May 11 @ 12:02 am
Thanks for the prompt response! ....That is checked!I rescanned and NOTHING. How can I check if there is a driver issue. Thanks!

plaz

发表时间 Tue 17 May 11 @ 12:13 am
dunno about that one, I would just download the driver again from AA make sure it is for the correct operating system then, plug it in open devices in windows, right click the radius choose settings, then configure devices, then delete the current driver, disconnect the radius and reinstall the driver before you reconnect the radius, You should then reboot that worked for my xone 1d, what I said is only a guide from my memory but it's something like that LOL

发表时间 Tue 17 May 11 @ 12:25 am
Once you have downloaded the AA drivers, make sure to connect your Radius to your laptop via the USB ports, put both radius on MIDI mode, launch VDJ, and your radius should light up.

VDJ picks them up immediately, and there's no need to configure anything or tweak anything, VDJ should respond without a glitch.

I will make a video to walk you through the steps, since it looks like you might be missing a step, or there is some misconfiguration with your VDJ set up.

发表时间 Tue 17 May 11 @ 12:52 am
dj ho:

VDJ 7.0.4, Radius 3000 (one tabletop for now I should be getting the other next week; out of stock), Windows 7.

VDJ does not recognize Radius 3000. When you say install drivers, this is when I plug my Radius 3000 to my laptop via USB port which the drivers should be automatically installed, correct?

A video showing steps from scratch would really help.

Please help me out.

Gracias,
PLaz

发表时间 Tue 17 May 11 @ 1:16 am
no you should select the driver that goes with the device, windows will install a generic midi driver that usually doesn't work

发表时间 Tue 17 May 11 @ 1:22 am
Where would this driver be found to download?

发表时间 Tue 17 May 11 @ 1:58 am

发表时间 Tue 17 May 11 @ 2:13 am
67%