快速登录:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

话题: Beat Masher?

由于该帖子已年深日久,可能包含陈旧过时或描述错误的信息。

Hey guys,

Been trying the demo of Virtual DJ out, it's good (much prefer the interface over traktor) but it seems to be missing a very useful feature - beat mashing.

The looping features are great but it would be useful to be able to loop a short section (1, 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 etc.) then jump forward to where the song would have been rather then carrying on from the loop point (like you can with Traktor or say a Kaoss pad)

Is there a plugin that does this?

The media browser could use some TLC too, search is handy but could benefit from better genre listings. itunes and winamp are good examples of this done well.

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 5:56 am
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
hehe, love the tag, have you tried out beat grid, go to effects > sound effects tab > beatgrid. hope it's what your looking for.

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 6:01 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
I don't know of any plugin that does that at present, but I reckon I could make one that did. Seems like a good idea to me :)

I'll stick it on my to-do list.

Bugger, why do I keep doing this to myself?!

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 6:13 am
The beatgrid can make a similar effect but it doesn't work as well as a proper beat masher - it's fixed to either whole or 1/4 beats with fixed start points, and can only do 4 bars at a time.

Give the demo version of traktor a go if you want a good example of beatmashing

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 6:42 am
SBDJ that'd be awesome, I had a look at the plugin SDK myself but haven't done any C for about 8 years!

发表时间 Fri 10 Apr 09 @ 6:44 am
PLEEEEEEEEEASSSEEE will someone make a beatmasher???? This is a hugely useful effect. The lack of of a beatmasher is really one of the only things I have against VDJ. I don't know why someone doesn't just set their mind to remedying this really really really unfortunate problem.

发表时间 Thu 14 Jul 11 @ 11:52 pm
Are there no VST beat mashers?

You do realise that VDJ can use VSTs?

发表时间 Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 4:46 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Beatgrid does do a limited beatmasher in that it can do the beat repeat but is limited to a 4 beat length - it can repeat any beat in that 4 beat grid however.

As has been mentioned it should be do-able in an existing VST - I'd imagine Replicant could do it for example.

For a native VDJ version I suspect you'll have to persuade an audio plugin developer like TexZK.

发表时间 Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 6:52 am
I use "SupaTrigga", its a vst and its pretty dope in my opinion. Check it out.

Huey

发表时间 Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 7:04 am
Thanks for the response! I tried downloading supatrigga here: http://www.kvraudio.com/get/1477.html
and then unzipped it and cut and pasted the .dll file into USER>Documents>VirtualDJ>Plugins>SoundEffect. Supatrigga appears in my list of effects when I open VDJ as well as all the sliders for stuff, but the effect doesn't actually do anything. Any suggestions?

发表时间 Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 10:00 am
Ok try "instajungle" it blows that beatmasher out of the water!! That vst OWNS!! No more secrets from me, lmao!!

Good Day
Huey

发表时间 Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 2:07 pm
tried instajungle, apparently doesn't work with windows vista (which i have). been trying to find other vst beatmashers but to no avail...

发表时间 Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 4:11 pm
Instajungle works on Vista. Maybe you need to update your libraries.

Instajungle is what you want trust me..........
Huey

发表时间 Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 10:26 pm
OMFG LOL LMAO ROFLCOPTER THIS PLUGIN OWNES! If you have anything else this good Huey can you pm me, I'm working out some instant effect button mapping for this beast now, but its a bit hard since you can only see a couple of the sliders in vdj to know what they do... anyway

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

time to play with some amen breaks me thinks

发表时间 Fri 15 Jul 11 @ 11:36 pm
as an update, i couldn't get any versions of instajungle to work except the first one. second, i found out that the loop & roll effect (what they call beatmasher in serato itch as well) that is available in the plug-ins section is what i was looking for. thanks for all your suggestions!

发表时间 Tue 26 Jul 11 @ 9:04 am
roffe_kHome userMember since 2011
Anyone been able to make the lopp go forwards when you press the buttin "half the loop" like the first quesion was in this thread?

发表时间 Sat 15 Oct 11 @ 3:19 am

(陈旧帖子或论坛版块会自动关闭)